At work on theatre

Our auditions this past Saturday were a lot of fun. I had a great time, met some great people, and was genuinely impressed more than once - that in itself is more than enough to declare it a success.

But it has left me oddly drained. Most of Sunday I felt exhausted, irritable and down, as if coming down from the high I was on the day before. Has it really been that long since I've been out of the game? Does the cut-and-thrust affect me so profoundly.

It's only in the dawn of the next day that it all becomes clear - the ups and downs are still there, but they aren't as profound as before. Three years ago a great day of auditions could translate into a week of melancholy, and while we're by no means out of the woods yet on this one I am feeling more like my old self sooner.

Such is the rollercoaster ride of theatre.

Comments