On a Monday

Another week begins and with it comes a flurry (0f new activity, that is). Here at the homestead we're busy getting ready for winter: putting up the bird feeder, putting away the lawn furniture and roto-tilling the garden one last time. the world's greatest wife tells me her citified co-workers marvel at her stories of country living - driving over snow-covered roads and feeding the chickens and other mundane minutiae that she and I take for granted.
On the Grinder front two important projects are under way. The first one, obviously, is Grinder and Frinds, out holiday variety show. Rehearsals for the short play "The Gifts of the Magi" that will be a key part of the show are now going on, and this week much of the promotional aspects of the show will begin in earnest.
The other big thing I'm working on are the preparations for our 2010 season. I' ve pretty much got the summer shows picked out and now I'm solidifying our plans for the fall, when I home we'll be able to continue doing shows in multiple venues. I've decided to include more original plays in our programming from now on, so I'm also spending a lot o more time writing the material that you'll see on stage next summer.
Se here we go again for another week of more-or-less controlled chaos. With any luck it's going to be a good one.

Comments