Finding the Spark

Creativity is a fickle thing.

If you're a regular reader here you may have noticed that it's been a while since I trumpeted my articles on Helium. It's been about a month since I put up much material of substance on the site, and after the hectic pace of things since the end of the summer season I haven't had as much time to write as I would have liked.

I THINK that's all changed now, though I've said the same thing before. It seems that life is finally slowing down to break-neck speed (as opposed to super-sonic) and maybe, just maybe I'm starting to get ahead of a few things.

Over the past few weeks I've finally gotten to a few nagging jobs around the homestead here, as well as some projects in the shop that I haven't had time to work on since the spring. Last week at the company I put up a major revision of the website (go to www.grinderproductions.org and check it out!) and the "Production Workbook" project is once again underway after months of delays.

I want to use this time to build momentum. I see myself and Grinder in a rebuilding phase right now, and I want to make sure that when we re-emerge in the spring we not only re-emerge stronger, but with more staying power, so that we don't need these "down times" that go on for months to recover from bad shows or get ready for upcoming seasons.

So hopefully I'll be writing more and more and more in the coming days and weeks. Next season's projects will be taking up a lot of my time, as will Hopeless Romantics (yes, that's coming back too), and Helium is about to be hit by a full-force gale of articles and other site-related work.

The spark has been lit.

Comments