Monday Morning is not a good time to make theatre!

Monday morning....

Most people don't like Mondays - it's back to work, to school, to the dreary routines of life. But they've had all weekend to rest up!

In theatre, you're at work until 9 or 10 or 11pm on later Saturday night (worse if there's the dreaded Sunday matinee), so the weekend should just be starting on Monday morning. Unfortunately, since the rest of the world doesn't have its weekend on Monday and Tuesday, if you don't get back to work right away they call you a slacker.

So here I am, staring through a caffeine-boosted fog, back to work after a weekend of performances.

I'll admit, it wasn't as good of a weekend as I wanted. We had an audience for two of the three shows, and we never broke into the double digits. Still, it's a start. Something to build upon.

And the chance to build is coming right up. This Saturday we'll be producing "Summer's Coming" at the Ennotville Library. This will be a preview of all the shows we have coming up this summer in both Ennotville and at The Belwood Hall. I'm going to set a goal of 20 people for this performance. Twenty people. I think that's attainable. Of course, I thought 20 people was attainable last weekend, and evidently it wasn't. But if I've learned anything in this business it's that you can't give up, and I have no intention of throwing in the towel just yet. So tune in tomorrow, when I'll have all the details about Summer's Coming listed here. Take that info and spread the word - it will sound much better coming from you than from me - and if you're not doing anything this Saturday night and you want a taste of what's coming down the pipe this summer, then come on out and join us.

Comments