Friday Foibles

Yesterday was a slow day on the preparation front. Got a bit more material pulled together for Bad Words, but I was unable to get much done on the Come Play With Us front. This is only mildly distressing (children's theatre isn't my strong suit) but fortunately I have the weekend to sort it all out. Got lots accomplished on The Hollow, though, which is a good thing seeing as we're going to be going into rehearsals in just 9 more days.

What I did get done yesterday was thinking. I used to worry that all the time I spent thinking about things was mere procrastination, and back in the day sometimes it was, but not any more. I am older and wiser now, and more intellectual in the ways I approach things. Now, rather than just wasting time when I am thinking over a problem, I am dissecting it, understanding it, finding its weakness and, ultimately, the most effective way to turn it from a problem into an opportunity and, eventually, a success. Of course, I still have a ways to go with a lot of this, but ever since my "sabbatical" back before Christmas I have been able to think about things once again in a meaningful, productive manner. Yesterday's burning question? Will this company ever be able to afford it's own space? Well, after much speculation and crunching of numbers, yes we can, though it won't be right away, and it won't be the Taj Mahal. So watch for more postings on that as we go forward - I may make it a major goal for the company in the coming months, because in many ways its the next logical step, and the biggest obstacle between us and lasting success.

So now I'm gone until Monday, cloistering myself away to finish preparations for Resurrection. I'll be sure to let you know how it all went down.

Comments