New Week, Fresh Start

It's a real-time blog post this morning - no carefully pre-written articles today, just me and my groggy, caffeine-slurping self at 7:04am on a Monday morning.

I have to admit, last week was a bit of a wash-out. I wouldn't go so far as to call it the worst week in the history of the company, but it came pretty darn close. Suffice to say it wasn't pretty, and I was in a pretty foul mood by Saturday night, and it's been only thanks to a week of TLC from the world's greatest wife that I have been able to drag myself out of bed this morning and get back to the grindstone.

So by virtue of last week being so bad, this week almost certainly must be better. If nothing else I feel a bit better about it already, and that has to help the entire process along. But with any luck this will be the week that a multitude of smaller projects that have been on the go for some time will finally coalesce into some larger results - results that will both make my job easier and increase our chances of making it out of this summer season in a sound financial position.

I've spoken of change a few times on this blog recently (perhaps a few too many times - I'm starting to hear echos of Obama). It's very hard to embrace change, and even harder to embrace change without letting go of your dreams - a fine balance that I think is essential, for if I simply wanted to change things at this company we'd switch to a steady diet of low-rent musicals and English Farce, which might put bums in seats, but certainly wouldn't fulfill the creative vision that forms the narrative of Grinder Productions.

Another day, another dollar.

Comments