Help - I need somebody...

My apologies to the Beatles, but a I really do need somebody!

But not for any romantic interludes (I have the world's greatest girlfriend for that). No, what I need is for someone who's a member of the Linked In community to give me recommendation and bring my profile up to 100% completeness!

For those of you scratching your heads right now, Linked in is a social network for managers, professionals and other business leaders - a high-class version of Facebook. Basically, the way it works is that you are "referred" to people through the network by other people on there that you know or know someone you know. It's a great way to get connected with fellow people in a given industry and find people you went to school with. I've been told it's an essential place to be for someone in my type of position, so I'm investigating all the possibilities it has to offer. When you first register they search your address book for anyone who's already a member of Linked in, and those are the people with whom you start making connections, but who's to say that everyone who reads this blog is on my e-mail list!

(Hey, I can be hopeful, can't I?)

But if you're not on Linked in, there are still a few ways you can still be a "somebody" for me.

Are you Facebook? Then friend me! The Grinder page (though it's in my name) is at 182 friends and counting, and I often put announcements about shows, newsletters, auditions, etc in my status, so it would show up in your newsfeed.

I have a page somewhere on Myspace too, but that has been sorely neglected since I joined Facebook. Perhaps one day the two sites will merge?

Of course, there's this wonderful blog you're all reading. Feel free to make some comments! I get a few from time to time, but I would love it if something I said here actually sparked some discussion, so don't be shy.

There is one other way that you can be a somebody for me as well...

COME TO A SHOW!

I have "Laughing Out Loud" coming up on Saturday, March 15th at 8pm at the Elora Centre for the Arts. It will be an evening of light laughs and entertainment, admission is simply a pay-what-you-can at the door. I would be thrilled if somebody, anybody would come out and see this show.

I know it might sound a tad pathetic, but it's been months since Grinder has had an audience too large to count on your fingers, and that been what's made this a very long, tough winter for me. As a creative person I thrive on being able to engage with all of you, either as an actor, a director or even a producer. Theatre isn't about the performance, it's about the audience, and I need to engage with an audience, a substantial audience, sometime soon or I will go crazy.

So, is there anybody out there who can give me a hand up?

Comments