The Adventure Begins Anew

Greetings one and all!

As I sit down to write this it's about 11am on Monday, March 31st. We closed The Hollow last weekend, and I'm still very tired, both physically and emotionally. I usually don't crash quite this hard, but this show has been something different for me.

It's been a very long, often challenging journey, bringing The Hollow from an idea tossed about in a meeting to a massive undertaking involving scores of people. All in all though, this has been a very good rehearsal process for me. When I started, I was feeling pretty low, and now, though I'm quite exhausted, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm proud of this show. I'm proud of the efforts of the cast, crew and everyone involved. Thank-you, everyone, for your time, efforts, patience and excellent work.

Too bad there's no time for resting on laurels...

As I'm sure you're all aware, the next big project for the company is the summer season, and today is the day I start working on that. The summer is the final step in the "restoration" of Grinder Productions, the completion of a rebuilding that has been going on over the past few months. I firmly believe that by June 12th, the opening night of our first show, we will be back on track, a leading player on the Centre Wellington cultural scene.

There's already cause for excitement. We gave away a pair of season subscriptions at the Hollow on Saturday night as part of the intermission draw. When the prize was announced a noticeable murmur went through the crowd. They got excited, and quickly found their ticket stubs. That's what they call "buzz." Two years ago a season ticket to Grinder Productions wouldn't elicit such a response. But now, Grinder's got buzz.

Buckle up, everyone. This rocket is about to blast off.

Comments