Summer Job Posting: Director of Children’s Programming
Grinder Productions is Centre Wellington’s most diverse live theatre company. We are seeking an energetic, positive, out-going person to assist us with our Children and Youth programs this summer. Most of the work involved in this position will be conducted at our signature summer venue, the Ennotville Historical Library, a 19th century community hall located in the tiny Hamlet of Ennotville, Ontario, between the town of Fergus and the city of Guelph.
This position will have two areas of responsibility.
- Cast, direct, design, produce and assist with the promotion of our Children’s Series, 10 one-act Children’s plays, one each Saturday from June 26th – August 28th.
- Conduct two drama camps for kids ages 8-12, one in July and one in August. Each camp will be four weeks long, and cover the basics of theatre/performance. May conclude with a small show.
The Ideal candidate for this position will have:
- An exceptionally positive attitude
- The ability to keep track of a large number of projects at one time
- Previous experience in Children’s theatre
- Previous experience in theatre production
- Previous directing experience
- A Police check (PRC) may also be required (we’re looking into this)
Start Date: The week of May 9th, with the start of rehearsals for show #1
End Date: The week of August 22nd, with the end of the summer season
Remuneration: This position will pay $200 per week.
You will need to attend our Open Auditions, on Saturday, March 27th in order to cast the shows. One or more meetings will also be required for production planning and curriculum development.
Please e-mail your resume and/or portfolio no later than March 1st to:
Eric and Julie Goudie
Creative and Executive Co-Directors