Pass the tissues

It's been a rough few days here at Grinder. The world's greatest wife has been off sick all week, and she's not exactly a model patient, so I've spent a great deal of time looking after her and not nearly enough time looking after the company, let alone the blog.

And now that she's just started feeling better I'm coming down with a variation of whatever it is she's had for the past few days. While I doubt my illness will be nearly as severe as hers (a few winters in a cold, cold rehearsal hall does wonders for your immunity) it is shaping up to be a week of trying to work through the congestion, runny nose and vomitting of your run-of-the-mill seasonal affliction (and no, we're not talking H1N1 here - I'm sure we'll get that the week before Christmas).

And to top it all off, unlike the world's greatest wife, I don't get to call in sick, and if I don't work I just fall farther behind.

So, there's a lot to be done this week; By Jove still needs an actor (any thin, older guys out there - please call me!), Marriage is Murder will launch its publicity in earnest this week, and I've got to write like I've never written before on Helium to have any chance of still hitting my goal this month. And all that with a head cold.

Pass the tissues. It could be a sniffly ride.

Comments