And we're off!

The Grinder 2010 season is officially underway.

Last night I attended the first rehearsal at the farm of Chaucer Uncensored, and today I'll be holding the first rehearsal of Heart of Eden. With these two shows now into rehearsals the pre-production period of our season has come to an end. Now it's a race to opening night, June 24th at the Library.

I can't help but feel excited, be it very professional of my to say so or not. Theatre is what I do, it's what I love, it's who I am, and having the chance to make theatre once again is a wonderful feeling. After not having rehearsed a show all winter I've sorely missed the give and take of a good rehearsal, and while I was just an observer last night it still got me revved up for what's to come.

And there's a lot of shows coming down the pipe. By this time next week no fewer than five shows will be into rehearsals, so expect the reports to come fast and furious about our progress. The box office should be up and running by the end of this week, so ticket sales will be starting again soon as well.

I'd like to thank everyone who's agreed to come on board with us this season, and to encourage anyone else who would like to come on board to get in touch with me, as we've still got plenty of room left for people to get involved.

Have a great summer, and I'll see you at the theatre.

Comments