Sick and tired

It's been a lousy past seven days here at Grinder. 7am Monday morning and my head is aching, so the prospects of the next seven days being much better aren't looking all that promising. I'm so tired I can't think straight, see straight or even stay on my feet for very long. I'll try and get through today as best I can, but I don't know if I'll have the energy to say everything I want to say in the post today.

So I had better cut to the chase - we're dumping the last two shows in Ennotville this summer - Vaudeville and Hitchin' at the Junction/Heart of Eden. After an entire summer of losing my shirt I just can't afford to keep doing shows if no one will come to them, and no one wants to be in them. Our marketing and casting problems this summer have left me broke, sick and frustrated, and I'm not going to put myself through any more agony.

We'll be back in Ennotville in October with Marriage is Murder, a great myster-comedy by Nick Hall that Jules and I will be appearing together in. The next chance for the membership to get involved will be our Christmas show, Grinder and Friends, December 3rd, 4th and 5th.

In the meantime, Dress Code continues at the Belwood Hall August 20th, 21st and 22nd, so please come out and see that one - I've never had one of my premiers directed by someone else, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how this show is going to turn out.

I'm too out of it today to go on. I feel like absolute crap. More witticisms to follow this week, if I am able to get out of bed.

Comments