I'm back!

It's been another few busy days here at the theatre. I've been teching for St. John's Kilmarnock School, who are producing Carold Shield's "Departures and Arrivals" this week. They are some good kids, and from what I've seen it should be a good show.

Over at The Hollow last night was our first time without scripts, and everyone did pretty well with that. Sure, there were some hiccups, but no disasters, and that's always a good thing. Still, we have a long ways to go on this production, and the next few rehearsals will really tell the tale. I'm happy to report, though, that I did see a play starting to emerge last night, and that is exactly what I was hoping for at this point. We're painting the set this weekend, and starting to pull in the props and costume people as well, so it's starting to look very much like a show on that front.

By the end of the week I'll have some more to tell you about the shows that will form our weekend of programming at the Elora Centre for the Arts on March 14th and 15th. I'm still researching, writing and generally sorting out what these shows will look like, as well as how they will tie in with our final open space in the Elora season on May 2nd and 3rd.

And as for the summer, that's coming along really well too. I'll be talking about it a lot in the next little while, and it looks like we're going to be able to schedule an audition day for the summer shows sometime in April, so keep your eyes open for that. I'll be sharing a lot of our promotional work with you as well, in keeping with my goal of having a successful summer season.

So that's the plan, anyways. Stay tuned.

Comments