The Long Winter

I don't think that I suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) yet it seems that with the onslaught of bitterly cold weather my personal outlook has taken a nosedive. The persistent cold certainly has a lot to do with it, as well as the inanities of actually trying to work outside in said cold. But I think more than that it's the realization that for me this is going to be another long, cold, isolating winter, one that I'll simply have to wait out before I can do a lot of the things I want to do with my life and Grinder Productions.

Or perhaps its more sinister then that. Perhaps, just perhaps, I'm feeling so poorly at the start of this long winter not because of what's to come but because of what's already transpired. It was a very long year for me, with a few ups and a lot of downs, including a few cheap shots below the belt. What hurts the most though are the things that go unspoken, and the people who stay away.

It's going to be a long winter, and I am going to do a lot of rebuilding - much work has been done already. But honestly, I think it's more than getting in from the cold that I'll have to do before I can enjoy the summer's warmth once again.

Comments