The first dawn...

Happy New Year from Grinder Productions!

It's great to be here, on this, the first dawn of 2009.

As always, I'm really looking forward to the year ahead, but this year it's for different reasons than I've had in the past.

This is the first New Year's I have any sadness about leaving the old year behind. While 2008 certainly had its ups and downs (right to the bitter end!) it also wound up being the first year where the personal and professional successes finally out-paced the personal and professional failures. We had, on balance, a good year, both on and off the stage. To have reached the point where it's possible to say even that much is a quite remarkable, at least to me.

So for once I'm not overly eager to simply forget the past year. At the same time, though, I am very eagerly looking forward to the challenges of 2009.

Some things won't change - there will still be too much to do, not enough time/money/people to do it, and I know that there will be some dark, difficult days.

But a lot of things have changed - we have a stable home base from which to work, successful productions upon which we can build, and new revenue streams that are finally coming online.

These and other developments give me a lot of confidence that while the challenges will certainly remain, we are now in a much, much better position to meet those challenges than we were 365 dawns ago.

All the best in 2009, everyone.

Grinder

Comments