Auditions Hangover

Well, here it is, Wednesday afternoon, and I still haven't blogged this week!

Sorry for the silence, everyone, but I've been digging out from under a massive pile of casting offers.

Our auditions this past Saturday went very well. Thank-you to all those who came out. It was just the injection of new, raw talent that the company needed, and on a personal level it has really lifted my spirits watching all these new talents coming to light over the past few days.

These are heady times if you're a newbie. Your head may be filled with excitement, or doubt or even fear, but at the same time you can't wait to get started on that first show. It's a big deal.

Of course, the elation won't last forever for everyone. I'm already getting rejection replies, people realizing they suddenly did have some conflict they forgot to write on the schedule, etc. But I know that and I'm used to that, and I don't have a problem with it.

If you're a regular Grinder member, please don't think that I've forgotten you - you're still just as near and dear to me as you were before, and there's a very good chance I'll be offering you a part as well at some point in the near future, if I haven't done so already. It's just now we're part of an even bigger, and, I hope, and even better, family.

Comments