Programming Update - Poverty Anonymous

In my ongoing quest for profitability, I've decided to write a play about poverty.

I have inserted it into our fall season, as the December show at the Elora Centre for the Arts, rather than the royalties project we had originally penciled in there.

The show is called Poverty Anonymous, and it's set up just like any other "anonymous" meeting, except the people you will meet there are all guilty of the crime of poverty. Led by their wealthy, tenacious, ex-poor-person moderator, June, this motley crew of losers, low-lifes, and ne'er do wells tries to put their pasts behind them, and assert once and for all the PA motto:

“There is no greater force on Heaven or on Earth than the Almighty Dollar.”

Join them, as they recite the Poverty Anonymous pledge before every meeting:

The PA pledge:

I am broke, and that’s not ‘oke,
Being a bum is very dumb,
I am a jerk until I go to work,
But cash in hand will make me grand.

I'm looking for some women to help me out in this show. I'll take pretty much anyone, so please e-mail me at grinder@grinderproductions.org if you are female, over the age of 15, and would like to be in this show.

Sarcasm... gotta love it.

Comments