Farmer's Daughters want to hear your opinion

I'd like to try something today that I don't know if anyone has ever tried before.

As some of you surely already know, this summer we're kicking off the Ennotville Season with a world premiere, a new play written by yours truly, entitled Farmer's Daughters. It's a comedy about a mother and two teenaged girls, growing up on a modern-day family farm, through all the trials and tribulations of raising crops, livestock and families.

Well, I'm happy to report that the play is finally finished, and we have just started rehearsals this week. This is where I need your help.

I'm inviting each and every one of you to become my editors for this play. It's sitting on the sidebar, and you can download it as a PDF file. Please take a look at it, and tell me what you think of it. Did you like it? Did you hate it? What worked? What didn't? Not funny? Too funny? Post your responses here, on the blog, or e-mail them to me at grinder@grinderproductions.org. I'll take any and all feedback I receive and give it serious consideration when I sit down to do rewrites, both during rehearsals, and in a final draft after the show has closed. You may choose to remain anonymous if you wish, but if you include your name with your comments then I will be sure to thank you in the program for show, regardless of whether or not I have incorporated any of your suggestions.

Thank-you!

Grinder

Comments

Anonymous said…
Read the Farmer's Daughters. Loved it! Very moving and powerful. There were some areas where there could be some blocking and movements to make the lines more clear, but all in all, very well written.