The Week that Wouldn't be

Yikes it's been a long time since I last blogged!

Sorry for the long silence, my friends. It's been absolutely insane at Grinder lately, and while I hope to be back on track with regular daily posts for next week this is all that I'm going to be able to write this week. However, I do believe that taking time for yourself is an important thing, and that's a lot of what this blog is for me, a chance to think out loud about what we're doing, how we're doing and where it all goes from here.

We've got several irons in the fire at the moment. A Midsummer Night's Dream is well into rehearsals, and it looks like we're going to have a great show. It has been very refreshing for me to work with so many new members of our company, and the future looks very bright indeed, as anyone who can pick up Shakespeare and run with it, comprehend it, and make it their own is a pretty capable actor, at least in my books.

We're also in preparation for the Winter 1-Acts, going up at the Fergus Grand Theatre March 19th - 21st. Now I'm still looking for a couple of willing bodies to help us out with these little shows, so please, anyone who's interested please get in touch with me - these are little gems of shows, they kind of stuff you don't get to do everyday.

And the Hopeless Romantics are finally getting underway as well, for their debut on March 27th and 28th at the Ennotville Library. I hope you will be able to join us for these shows and give us your feedback on them as we launch our newest division.

Perhaps the biggest thing, and what I'm most proud of, is that we have been able to sustain our operations through the winter months. As many of you know, last year we were basically on hiatus from November to June. This year we've managed to overcome the lack of rehearsal space, the lousy weather and even the economic downturn and kept the doors open through the darkest time of the year for theatre. While we didn't enjoy blockbuster success at the box office, just being able to say we got two shows to the stage in the month of January, and three shows into rehearsals in the month of February represents a giant leap forward for this company.

And it's all thanks to all of you, your hard work and dedication making possible things that I couldn't possibly make happen on my own.

But all your work will be for naught if I don't get backt to my work, so I had better do so, and as such I will talk to you again on Monday!

Comments