Four Big Things

I have four big things going on right now, and I need some help to get the word out about all of them. Any and all assistance would be graciously appreciated, and not just by me. Here they are, in no particular order:

First up, I'm doing a play! 

Not me personally, but as part of a large and talented ensemble. That I'm doing a play might not be that surprising, but what is surprising is that it's not with my theatre company, but with my old friend Deb Stanson and Elora Community Theatre. 

Our production of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice opens on Friday, May 3rd, and runs until Sunday, May 12th. I play, perhaps a bit ironically, the rich, handsome, young, "catch-of-the-county" Mr. Bingley. It's a great show with a great cast, and we've had a lot of fun rehearsing it. I hope you can check it out. 


Second, I'm hosting a Symposium!

Again not me personally, but as a proud board member of Reseau SPARC Network - Supporting the Performing Arts in Rural and Remote Communities. Taking place in the Town of Minto from May 23rd to 26th, this biennial gathering of artists, producers, presenters, and community animators from across the province is a chance to learn from the best and brightest in the performing arts in rural Ontario. 



Third, I'm organizing a series of online artist pitches sessions! 

Once again, not me personally, but as part of a group of small venue operators called the Community Presenters's Network. If you are a performer who has a show that you would like to tour to small venues across Ontario in 2025-2026 or beyond this is something that you should apply for. The application window is open now, and will close on June 30th, with selections taking place over the summer, and the pitches themselves happening the first week of September. 


And finally, I'm casting now for my shows this summer. This one is just for me. I spend most of my time helping other people make their art. I love doing that, but once a year I still have to do something that fulfills my own insatiable need to create, and this is it. I'm going back to the Ennotville Library for a couple of weeks, and I was lucky enough to have my name drawn for an entry in the Guelph Fringe Festival, so I need some actors for these shows, and I've decided to hold online auditions. 

So those are four big things that are happening in my life right now. I hope that at least one of them is of interest to you.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this rather lengthy post. Before I sign off, I have a favour to ask - there's an excellent chance that at least one of these four big things would be of interest to someone you know. Can you please share these opportunities with your friends, family, and professional networks? I really want to "spread the love" about all of this, and help some very cool people do some very cool things. The more people who know about them, the more successful each one will be.

Comments