And Now, For My Next Trick...

Ennotville 2022 is a wrap!

We had a great summer at the Library - just what I needed. Thank-you to everyone who came out, actors and audiences alike, for helping me bring a little magic back into my life. Last summer it was just about doing what we could, in spite of the pandemic. This summer it was about moving on, and setting the stage for the future. I'm not quite sure yet what shows I'd like to bring to the Ennotville stage in 2023, but whatever I do I will be starting from a better place, artistically, than I have been in a long time. 

So my attention now fully turns to my solo project, "Have You Flogged Your Crew Today?" 

I've just come in from a much lonelier, much hotter rehearsal hall than I've been used to, after an intensive night of turning the words on the page into words (and playable actions) in my head. That's right - even if you write the show you still have to memorize your own lines, and do the work to bring your own script to life. It's an even bigger leap for me - I don't typically act in my own shows, or anyone else's, unless I'm a last-minute fill-in for someone else, and I haven't played a role on stage in long time. I think I may need to dust off some of my old warm-up exercises, and make sure that I don't pull a muscle or blow my voice out between now and opening night. 

I'd like to offer you some deep, philosophical witticisms about why you should come and see my show, but those will have to wait for another night - the inescapable heat in our un-air-conditioned house is turning my brain to mush. But for those of you who don't need any convincing, you can buy your tickets here. Believe it or not, if you buy your tickets now you won't be the first - other people have already got theirs, and while it's too soon to say "tickets are going fast," you just never know - it is a Fringe Festival after all, and a little magic sometimes happen there too. 



Comments