Back to the Blogosphere

Happy New Year - I'm back! 

It's been over a decade since my last post here on Grinder's Grumblings. I thought that my blogging days were behind me - I'd wasted enough time (and inflicted more than enough self-harm) trying to blog my way to fame and fortune, and had nothing to show for it. It was definitely time to hang things up and move on. 

But a lot has changed in my life over the past decade - a steady income, a few dozen new plays, even a couple of productions by companies other than my own, and I'm still married to the world's greatest wife. I don't have everything I want out of life, obviously (and the pandemic has set us back more than most of our friends and family) but I'm a lot happier now than I was when I made my last post all those years ago. 

I no longer try to make a living with Grinder Productions, or even try to make it a profitable side-hussle (ask me about the 200+ goats we've got for that). Now Grinder Productions is something that I do for fun, for personal fulfillment, and for the experiences it creates, both for me and for the people who perform in our shows. And that brings me around to the reason for my post today. 

In addition to re-launching the Grinder blog I'm also re-launching the Grinder Productions website! 

This time we have a new URL: www.grinderproductions.ca. It's nothing fancy, at least not yet, but it provides the company with a place to call home on the web, and a foundation upon which we can build as the company grows in the future. At this time the site contains just the basics: a Home Page, About Us, Contact Us, Links, and Eric's Plays, a page where you can learn more about all of my plays (and request the royalties too). On the Home Page is a list of the plays that we'll be producing this summer at the Ennotville Library. 

I won't be as prolific a blogger as I once was - expect about a post a month from me, jumping up to about a post a week whenver there's a show in rehearsal. I'll also try to keep the focus more on my own productions, rather than commenting on the state of theatre generally, though I may run a "tips and tricks" series of theatre information at some point. I won't use this platform to make any reference to the activities of my "day job" as manager of the Fergus Grand Theatre - my career as an artist is completely separate from my career as a municipal employee, and I intend to keep it that way. 

Please check out the new website, and let me know what you think in the comments below. And please like Grinder Productions on Facebook to find out about new posts here on the blog, as well as all the other wild and wonderful things we have to share. 

Finally, I'll let you in on a little secret - there's one more show in the 2022 season, something that we've never done before. I can't announce it just yet, but it's going to be a very interesting project, and you can bet that there will be a blog post announcing it as soon as I am able.

Comments

Vincent M said…
Glad to see you're back in action. Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store!
Vincent M said…
Glad to see you're back in action. Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for this next year.