One step at a time

Another day, another month, another summer slipping by all too quickly - for all the things that have changed in my life some things, like the passage of time, seem to stay the same.

We got a lot accomplished this past weekend on the organizational front - moved some materials, made some improvements to the livestock feeding arrangements, and put a major dent in the ongoing efforts to simplify life around the house. So much for sitting down and taking it easy.

Now that I'm back into the weekly grind (even if it's only a short week) I've got to see if I can translate at least some of that productivity and creative empowerment into substantive improvements on the professional front. Over the past few weeks I've found myself coasting a little in rehearsals, working from rote instead from inspiration, and while the creative writing seems to be doing okay the non-creative aspect of my writing is in a certifiable rut - even this blog has seen better days.

Patience is a virtue, and Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm on a lifelong journey to improve my professional self, and sometimes that means taking things one laborious step at a time. My "to-do" list for the month sits beside me, pristine and unspoiled, free of the horizontal lines that say "mission accomplished."

More to follow later this week. I feel another post coming on about Life and Death, and perhaps one about 18 Carat as well. I also think I have a title for my new play, and I'd like to talk a bit about that too. But I'm getting ahead of myself a bit here - today's task is simply to make some progress by taking things one step at a time.

Comments